Wednesday 7 November 2012

Modern Icons

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wasn't the only one with a camera!
This is what happened when the lights were dimmed
And then my camera went out of focus. Don't you love it when that happens.

The dates of my final show coincided with the monastery's celebration of All Saints Day & All Souls Day.During that period, the ordination students bring their own personal icons and decorate the church with them.

Being part of the celebration was an extremely lucky case of serendipity. I seriously cannot describe what it felt like, to attend the services and see everything lit up in multi-coloured splendour and have my works displayed alongside those beautiful icons...

The best part was witnessing the whole congregation worshipping beneath my work!  That's a once-in- a-lifetime experience, and I am extremely blessed to have been a part of it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment