Friday 2 November 2012

Spacium Serenitas - The Show

Spacium Serenitas
The talk


The audience

Drinks

Discussion

The exhibition venue, Church of The Resurrection

The viewing













The end


 
Spacium Serenitas or, Serene Space - was the title I chose for my final show at the end of my art residency at Community of The Resurrection monastery. It seemed a fitting way to describe the place, the people and the general atmosphere that permeates the air throughout the environment.

I was quite nervous about having to give a talk, but the warm and peaceful audience helped me to settle down, and ultimately we all ended up having a geat time that nght.

I'd like to thank all the brothers, students of the college, residents and visitors for taking the time to come by and for all your kind words of praise and encouragement. And special thanks to Jan Oliva for the photographs.


I feel privileged to have been given this opportunity to create work for such an incredible venue, it's been a great honour indeed....and I hope this will be one of many other opportunities to work with all of you again at some point in the future. (Hint, hint!)

I shall forever carry a spacium serenitas space in my heart for CR Community. Thank you from the depths of my soul.

Oh, almost forgot - I promised to divulge the 'juicy bits' in my last post.......well, I'm afraid the only 'sex' you'll find here is on the retreat room registration forms. And the strongest 'drugs' available are headache pills....

but you're more than welcome to listen to the 'rock-n-roll' on my MP3 player.

No comments:

Post a Comment