Wednesday 10 October 2012

Breaking the Ice

 
Took a rubbing of St. Hilda's crest during our visit to the church last week 

Close up detail of crest

My 'golden section-esque' response to it


The  pentaptych in full - a departure from my usual way of working

Also warmed up with ink and brush. My favorite implements.

Charcoal is nice too. Did a few drawings in the chapel

This is called a 'Pyx' : a vessel which carries the consecrated host (Eucharist)

 
There are so many inspiring and beautiful objects, spaces (and people) around me, I feel like a kid in a candy store................

2 comments:

  1. Nice warm up Rachelle !
    "The way of the snail" for the rubbing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might adopt that as my motto..."Way of the Snail".
      Domo arigato FR!

      Delete