Tuesday 9 October 2012

The Way of The Brush

Gave my first residency talk to the CR community and visitors on Sunday
The audience quietly pours into the room....right on time
Fr. John and Philip stand in the queue for coffee and cookies
Many students from the college came by too
Going in full flow to a packed house
One of the visuals in my talk, the movie poster of "Shodo Girls!", a very popular film with a story line of -Ink brush spirit beats recession to a pulp in small Japanese town!  
Photographer Shinichi Maruyama capturing the moment ink and brush take flight!
One of my earliest works.... (Chinese ink & wash)


Thank you to everyone who took the time to come and listen to my talk. Thanks also to Jacob for the lecture photos. A deep dignified bow goes to Fr. Oswin, for organising the event and dealing with all the details. Special mention to S. Maruyama and Roadshow for the use of their photos.
 
Lastly I'd like to thank my late parents, Grace & Larry, without whom I would not be here.
 
 
Can I have the Oscar now.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment